While we’re still in the throes of the summer wedding season, many couples are busy preparing for their winter weddings, with the season fast approaching. Ornaments, snowflakes and holly are often the traditional decorations for winter weddings, but there are many other options for the married couple to be to consider. Here are some ideas to liven up your winter wedding.
- Lush Bouquets: While summer wedding bouquets are all about the light and bright, winter bouquets are better suited for low, rich tones, like bright-red amaryllis mixed with white and ivory flowers. To further add a wintry feel, thistle and pine cones can add an unexpected touch to your bouquet and set the tone for the season.
- Bringing the Outside In: Just because the temperature is too cool for an outdoor reception, there are plenty of ways to bring elements from the outdoors inside. Decorate the tables with plenty of candles to give off the feeling of natural light and use large, branchy arrangements for the centerpieces to bring in a winter forest feel. Or if you want more winter drama for your reception, have ice-carved vases made for your reception tables filled with winter-white branches and hanging crystals to truly capture the beauty of the season.
- Holiday Feast: What better time of the year to work in your favorite holiday foods—be it ham, yams, potatoes, or cannoli—and add a unique twist to make it more wedding friendly? For example, you could serve cranberry cocktails or eggnog.
- Winter Wedding Cakes: Winter is a great time to use bold and festive colors and flavors into your wedding cake, such as a rose cascade on your cake, or silver snowflakes and flavors that call upon the season.
- Wedding Colors: If you’re getting married in December, it can be tempting to use a green and red color palette. But this runs the risk of downplaying the romantic aspect of the wedding and making it more holiday-centric. A more modern approach, try using a more subtle palette. Imagine an all white and silver wedding with crystal elements and lots of candles to add elegance to the ceremony while also evoking the theme of winter romance.
Winter weddings provide endless possibilities to create a truly magical abiance. By following these tips, you can create a far more intimate and memorable wedding that can transform The Park Savoy’s lovely ballroom into your own winter wonderland.