Recently, couples getting married tend to prefer adjust the most essential key part of their reception. The DJ, or Disc Jockey, sets the mood for rocking the party for the bride, groom, and guests. So, the next question is, what type of mood would you like? Whether romantic, upbeat or just plain fun? You most likely want a DJ who can effortlessly read the crowd to play an eclectic mix with the right song at the right moment. But what do you do if you have no experience in choosing a DJ that’s perfect for you!Don’t panic. Just start learning about how to choose a DJ for your big day.
- The first thing is to have a list of DJ’s with you. The list may also include your friend’s recommendations, our own suggestions, and other referrals.
- Meet the DJ as far in advance as possible.
- Give a list of your favorite artists to the DJ.
- Take your own time in booking the DJ that’s best for your event.
- You can also attend bridal fairs and meet a wide variety of DJ’s in person.
- If possible, you can also watch video of other weddings they have already done.
- More and more DJ’s can be found online where they will often have a mix for you to listen to.
- It is advisable to choose the DJ who is located near your wedding New Jersey venue.
- Interview at least four DJ’s in advance of your wedding.
- The questions may include: how much do you charge, do you charge for extra time, what type of equipments do you use, what kind of clothing do you wear, how many times do you need to take a break, and do you bring any backup equipment with you?
Also, decide in advance whether the DJ will be visible to your guests or simply stay in the background. Many attendants at New Jersey venues enjoy receptions with a DJ. Also, remember to get the contact information and other details from the DJ. It is suggested to take your time in choosing the right DJ since they are the ones who can ruin or create a fun experience for your wedding reception.