While you might likely have hired a band or a DJ (or both) to serenade your guests with all of your favorite and personally important songs throughout the reception, when it comes to your bachelorette party, we’re seeing more and more brides and bridesmaids using streaming software like Spotify to create their ideal playlist for their big night out. Whether you’re someone who is very particular about their music or just want to make the evening as memorable as possible, then you might want to consider putting together a playlist featuring both current and past hits that create a theme and vibe perfect for your bridal party. To help you choose some of the all-time classic bachelorette party songs, here are some of our favorites.
- Sister Sledge – “We Are Family” – Even if you don’t consider yourself a big disco buff, there’s no denying that this song is an absolute party-starter or perfect end-of-the-night sing-along for you and your girls. And it makes a perfect pairing with….
- Christina Aguilera, Pink, Mya, Lil’ Kim – “Lady Marmalade” – Now, if you’re feeling the retro vibe, you can always go with the Patti LaBelle original, but chances are there are more than a few Moulin Rouge fans in your party. So give this classic lady’s anthem a modern update and get your gals dancing in no time.
- Angie Martinez, Lil’ Kim, Missy Elliott, Da Brat – “Ladies Night” – Let’s go back to the 90s on this classic posse cut that repurposes the Kool & The Gang classic into a hip-hop club anthem.
- Beyoncé – “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) – And now we enter the Queen Bey section of our playlist with the first of two classic songs that no bachelorette party would be without.
- Beyoncé – “Run the World (Girls)” – Since you probably want to avoid the entirety of Lemonade considering its salacious subject matter, stick with some vintage Bey via this girl power anthem for the 21st century. And speaking of girl power….
- Spice Girls – “Wannabe” – If your bridal party is of the millennial set, then you’ll likely want to get your 90s nostalgia on, along with a hearty “zigazig ah!” Twenty years later and this song still is an absolute gas.
- Kelis – “Milkshake” – While this sensual song has long been an anthem for a women’s sexuality, let’s be real: we all kind of forgot about it until the first season of Orange is the New Black brought it back into all of our lives. So get your dance moves ready and cap off the night with this all-time classic.